Saturday, June 07, 2003

NP: Skid Row- I Remember You Too? Is This A F**king Joke?


I mean they can't be serious. Anyone who knows me knows that back in the day I was a huge Skid Row fan. Y'all might remember them from that cheezy love Ballad "I Remember You", so like they fired their old lead singer, hired some guy who sounds quite a bit like their old singer, but who can't sing 1/2 as good, and are putting out a new album. Great. Except one problem, they're re-recording their circa 1989 ballad as some new punk metal anthem rock thing, and boy does it ever SUCK!!!!

Give it a listen yourself by going here: http://www.melodicrock.com/minibytes.html


Or the direct link to the song: http://www.melodicrock.com/audio/SkidRow02.mp3



it's a one minute clip, but you'll get the idea. Personally, if you dig Skid Row, check out the Atari's wicked cover of I Remember You on the Punk Goes Metal compilation.

NP: The Project (Aka Velvet Revolver)- Set Me Free

This is the new band fronted by Scott Weiland of STP, and backed with former G 'n R bandmates Slash, Matt Sorum, and Duff McKagan. I Think I like it.

Anyways Thats enough for today.


JC

No comments: