Wednesday, December 03, 2003

It's been a little while since I blogged, and I suppose now I have a lot to say. BTW that devastatin Dave thing, It's the actual music from that e-mail of the worst album covers of all time. If you haven't seen it just do a google search for devastatin dave, and you'll find it, really funny stuff.


I am so pissed at the way things are happening lately. First of all my watch battery is dead, so like I'm all askew in my bearings now. I hate looking at the clock. Secondly, I'm browsing the internet as usual at work when I come across 2 things at the Classicgaming.com website. First, an announcement that they are closing their ROM vault. For those not in the know, these are the game codes for classic game systems as well as arcade games. Most of these games had not been produced or marketed for years, yet for some reason, Manufacturers seem to want to close down any efforts to preserve these games. I wasn't sure why until i saw an earlier post on the same website. Atari Releases a 80 in 1 cd of games featuring a few arcade classics as well as some repackaged Atari 2600 games. Hmmm. Does anyone really think that people will buy a collection of 2600 games to play on PS2 or X-box? I mean really. So it dawns on me that they release these games just to keep people from distributing the roms. It makes the game availible to the public and makes the OOP rom suddenly highly illegal. Pure greed in my opinion, but alas, I guess I'll have to find somewhere else to get my "Legal" roms, Which actually are legal since I own most of the games that I have roms for. More to come later...

No comments: